POLICY RESEARCH, ANALYSIS AND DATA SYNTHESIS
South has expertise and experience in policy research and the development of data and tools to provide the basis for programme planning, targeting, prioritisation and impact evaluation frameworks at the macro-level. Research Specialization:
• Governance, democracy and development
• Civil society and development
• Politics of land rights
• Ethnicity and governance
• Politics, institutions and development
• Development policy and political economy of reforms
South Consulting has done extensive research work in the East, Horn and Southern Africa and the Great Lakes region on issues around violence and population displacement, land, identity and citizenship, armed non-state actors, exploitation of natural resources, youth unemployment, elections, peace-building, security sector reform, disaster risk reduction, climate change, and peace support operations, among others. We have expertise in undertaking research on regional integration, peace and security.
EXPERTISE in conducting primary policy research
• Development of data collection tools
• Data management systems using information technology.
• Establishing benchmarks for service delivery in the public sector;
• Establishing indicators (and the means of verification) for programme impact evaluation
• Targeting strategies and programme planning.
• Synthesis of data and information to produce high level analytical reports